Thank you for choosing to exhibit at CHFA NOW Vancouver 2023. Please carefully read through the information below and stay on top of all deadlines by reviewing the Key Dates Calendar and working with our Official Service Providers.
Beware of Unaffiliated Solicitors
When preparing for the show, we encourage all exhibitors to work with our Official Service Providers and caution all exhibitors regarding solicitors who call and/or email claiming to be affiliated with our show. The event industry is facing an ongoing issue with hotel, marketing consultants, and online directory scams. Please refer to the Official Service Providers contact sheet and, when in doubt, feel free to contact us directly to verify you are working with one of our show partners.
Included in the Exhibit Application
As a reminder, your exhibit application costs include:
- 8’-high drapery back wall (in-line booth only)
- 3’-high drapery sidewall (in-line booths only)
- 4 exhibitor badges per 100 sq. ft. – Click Here to Enter Badges
- Material handling (on-site – show docks to booth)
All booth designs and activities must adhere to the CHFA Display Rules and Regulations, CHFA Exhibitor Show Policies, the Facility Exhibitor Reference List and the Food Safety Guidelines.
While we are promoting all exhibitors in our show marketing campaign, you are also encouraged to make use of the marketing resources listed below. Don’t rely on location and booth design alone to capture your retailer audience. CHFA Marketing and Sponsorship Opportunities will increase your show presence, engage retailers, and drive your sales.
Below are the forms (where applicable) and deadlines for these opportunities.
*Please only submit these forms if you have purchased these advertising opportunities. To order additional opportunities, click here.*
- ($750) Meeting Room Rentals – Jan 27
- ($6,000) Exclusive Branded Hotel Room Keys – Feb 1
- ($2,500) Product Room Drop – Feb 1
- ($750) Banner Advertisement in Pre-Show Promo Email (Feb) – Feb 3
- ($2,000 for Saturday, $1,500 for Sunday) Sampling Table at Show Entrance – Feb 9
- ($2,000) Hosted Conference Program Sponsor – Feb 9
- ($2,000) NEW! Sponsored Activity – Feb 9
- ($1,500) Speaker Sessions Sponsor – Feb 9
- ($500) Networking Break Sponsor – Feb 10
- ($300) Retailer Gift Bags Sponsor – Feb 10
- ($1,200) Washroom Poster – Feb 10
- ($1,250) Brand School (formerly Product Education/Service Education Session) – Feb 10
- ($500) Brand School Break Sponsor– Feb 10
- ($2,900) Carpet Stickers / Decals – Feb 10
- ($1,000) Launch Pad Sponsor – Feb 10
- ($1,000) Exclusive Member Lounge Snack Sponsor – Feb 10
- ($2,800) Exclusive Café Sponsor – Feb 10
- (No Cost) Sublet’s Quick Find Listing (exclusively available to brokers and distributors) – Feb 16
- (No Cost) Submit Exhibitor Attributes for Digital & Printed Show Guide – Feb 16
- ($1,000) Pull Up Banner Placement – Feb 17
- (No Cost) Launch Pad Participation – Feb 17
- ($2,500) Sampling Blitz – Feb 17
- ($300) 1/4 Page Advertisement in Digital Show Guide – Feb 21
- ($600) Half Page Advertisement in Digital Show Guide – Feb 21
- ($1,200) Full Page Advertisement in Digital Show Guide – Feb 21
- ($1,000) Booth Drop – Feb 24
- ($500) Social Media Branded Content – Feb 24
- ($500) Show Announcement – Feb 27
- ($1,000) Banner Advertisement in Pre-Show Promo Email (Show Month) – Feb 28
- ($1,000) Insert in Show Bag – Feb 28
- (Starting at $1,300) Host a Celebration Station (Happy Hour) – March 9
- ($500) Host a Non-Alcoholic Celebration Station (Happy Hour) – March 9
- ($350) Featured Product Showcase Shelf / ($100) Additional Online Product Showcase Listing – March 10
- ($1,500) Branded Email Sent to all Attendees During the Event – March 16
- ($500) Rotating Banner Advertisement on the Website – March 16
CHFA NOW Vancouver Promo Toolkit
Spread the word about CHFA NOW Vancouver! To help make it easier for you to promote your participation at the show, we created a promotional toolkit with various digital assets and sample copy which you can use as designed or modify to better suit your needs.
Food Sampling, Cold Storage, Ice and Catering
As required by the Vancouver Coast Health Authority, if you are providing unpackaged food or beverage samples, you must submit a Food Sampling Application by March 2, 2023. If you have extensive on-site food preparation (chopping, frying, heating, etc.) in your booth, you must also have a Temporary Hand Washing Station within your exhibit space. For menu items that require preparation, a FOODSAFE certified food handler shall be involved in the preparation and be present at the booth. Foodsafe certificates are valid for five years. Certificates and personal identification are required on site. Food grade sanitizer solution is required and must either contain 100ppm chlorine diluted bleach or 200ppm quats. Deep frying is not permitted in indoor special event, unless approved by Health Authority. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the closure of your booth.
To support the food safety guidelines, we are providing limited onsite cold storage rental space on a first-come, first-served basis. Please order your cold storage at your earliest convenience and no later than February 24, 2023.
If you would like to offer full-size food portions, alcoholic beverages and/or ice, you may pre-book catering or ice through the facility’s catering department until March 24, 2023.
Furniture for Rent by Freeman
The official show decorator is Freeman and they offer a substantial order discount for exhibitors who rent furniture and accessories online by March 2, 2023.
- Rental Exhibits & Fabric Solutions – March 2*
- Steel & Extensions – March 2*
- Furniture, Plants & Florals – March 2*
- Display Accessories – March 2*
- Signage & Graphics – March 2*
- Additional Carpet and/or Underpadding -March 2*
- Pavilion Carpet Colour Selection – Feb 20
- Set-up / Tear-down Labour – March 2*
(*) denotes a discount deadline
Electricity, Lead Retrieval and Additional Services
Additional exhibit requirements, such as electricity, can be ordered quickly and easily online or by following the links below and working with our additional service providers.
If you would like to review the prices or submit paper order forms, click on the relevant links below.
- Lead Retrieval Scanner – Feb 10*
- Audio Visual – March 15*
- Electricity – March 8*
- Internet & Telecommunications – March 8*
- Banner Hanging / Rigging Services (restrictions apply) – March 8*
- Booth Cleaning – March 8*
- Plumbing Services – March 8*
- General Parking Information (only available to purchase Onsite)
(*) denotes a discount deadline
Move-in and Move-out Schedule
All move-in and move-out times at the Vancouver Convention Centre will need to be scheduled on Voyage Control, a reservation system for booking a dedicated access time for vehicles. Your designated time will be within your pre-assigned move-in and move-out window. The goal of the Voyage Control program is to reduced wait times and give all vehicles (regardless of size) direct to dock access. This program will be used for all CHFA trade shows this year and we will no longer be using the Holding lot or Marshalling yards for large vehicles.
More information (including how to create your own login profile) on the Voyage Control program will be emailed to all contracted exhibitors one month before the event. All brokers and distributors may forward this information to their vendor partners so their carriers can also create their own login.
If your truck arrives before or after your scheduled move-in time, it will be turned away and you will need reschedule your access time. Your set up may commence after your move in is complete and continue as needed until the show opens. All booths must be set up by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 1 and please note there is no dock access available on Saturday at any time.
Alternatively, you may simplify your shipping process and use the advanced warehouse services. All advanced warehouse shipments must arrive between February 27th and March 24th. The advanced warehouse form must be submitted prior to shipping items to the advance warehouse. Failure to send the advanced warehouse order form will result in a 30% surcharge. Contact Cross Connect Customs & Logistics at 416.726.7229 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The Vancouver Convention Centre’s West Building is located at 1055 Canada Place and has 440 Impark-owned parking stalls available on a first-come, first-served basis. This lot is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Review the parking info sheet for more information on this lot and neighbouring parking options.
It is mandatory for all exhibitors to wear WorkSafeBC approved high-visibility vests at all times during move-in and move-out periods. Vancouver Convention Centre offers high-visibility vests for advance order and from Vending Machines onsite for $10.00/each.
Shipping with Cross Connect Customs & Event Logistics
Cross Connect Customs & Event Logistics is the official shipping provider for CHFA NOW 2023. They offer very affordable domestic and international shipping solutions. They will assist with advanced warehousing, direct-to-show shipping, and your return shipments.
For more information click on the links below. For a quick quote, contact 416.726.7229 or email@example.com
- Advanced Warehouse (shipment must arrive between February 27 and March 24. Order form must be submitted prior to shipping items. Failure to send form will result in a 30% surcharge.)
- Direct-to-show label (shipment must match your move-in schedule)
- Customs Information & Shipping Forms
- Canadian Border Services Letter – please send request to firstname.lastname@example.org
All exhibitors must provide proof of adequate liability insurance with a minimum limit of $3 million for the full duration of the show (includes move in and move out). This insurance is to protect you, the exhibitors, attending public and the venue. Review the Exhibitor Insurance Requirements and contact your current provider or order affordable insurance with BFL by March 9, 2023 your member benefit partner.
Please help us make sustainability a priority and consider the environment when planning your exhibit. Review the Tips on Reducing Your Footprint and the Environmental Best Practices. Consider applying some of your organization’s sustainable practices to your exhibit design. Simple changes like using compostable sample cups, reducing your paper collateral and considering the global helium shortage can help make a world of difference.
The following show policies protect your investment, our service partners and ensure a safe and successful show for all participants. If you have any questions about these polices, or if you want to better understand why certain rules are in place, please do not hesitate to contact us.