Media passes are for qualified individuals from approved media outlets or social media influencers and bloggers. Media passes are not carried over year to year; you must register each year.
To qualify for a complimentary media pass, your content must cover the natural, organic and wellness industry on a regular basis.
Who qualifies for a media pass?
Press from qualified media outlets
Working as a reporter, writer, editor, videographer or photographer with an accredited media outlet.
Be freelance media with proof of assignment on the media outlet’s letterhead. Freelance media must have published or broadcasted within the past six months on topics related to the natural, organic and wellness industry. Please submit clips with your byline or a link to articles with your byline as part of the badge registration process.
Social media influencers and bloggers
Your content must be focused on natural, organic and wellness, with consistent posting/uploads in the past six months (product giveaways and contests do not qualify).
You’ll be asked to prove a significant readership with at least 10,000 unique web visits per month for the past three months (verified by a reputable web analytics tracker, such as google analytics). Social media influencers must have a minimum of 20,000 qualified followers on at least one social network: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest and/or YouTube.
Each blog and social profile will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with consideration of blog traffic, content relevance and quality, frequency of posts, along with follower counts and engagement. We consider all criteria for eligibility, meeting follower count and unique web visits do not guarantee a badge if other criteria have not been met.*
*Only one media pass is granted per blog/social media platform.
CHFA reserves the right to refuse media badges, without cause, during pre-registration as well as onsite media registration. Due to high demand, media badges are limited in number.
Who is not eligible for a media pass?
- Those with titles in advertising, account executive, CEO, marketing, president, publicists or public relations, publisher, sales and other non-editorial staff.
- Those writing for newsletters and other limited circulation publications.
- Those writing blogs or producing online content not focused on natural, organic and wellness and/or posting less than once a week, and does not have a significant readership and online following (10,000 unique web visits and/or 20,000 followers).
- Friends, family and support staff for bloggers/social media influencers.
- Public relations from an agency or company. Those working for an exhibitor can get an Exhibitor badge from your client.
Online media registration will be accepted until Tuesday, March 28, 2023. After this date, qualified media can visit the on-site registration desk at the Vancouver Convention Centre, West Building, with proof of ID for on-site qualification. Bloggers and social media influencers must be pre-approved and will not be able to register onsite.
Upon arriving at CHFA NOW trade shows, you will need to bring ID with proof of media accreditation/identity, such as:
Note: Bloggers and social media influencers must be pre-approved by Tuesday, March 28, 2023 and will not be able to register onsite.
- A business card with your name, title and media outlet
- An assignment letter from an editor, publisher or producer
- A copy of at least one article published within the past six months that has your byline
- A Photo ID Press Accreditation Card
- Social media influencers or bloggers can show their social profiles or blogs
Media Application Form
If you do meet the criteria outlined above, please fill out this application with all your information and a member of our team will be in contact shortly.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.